Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This Christmas we decided to head back home to Florida to see the family and enjoy two weeks of sunshine and a much needed vacation. Getting here this year was a little challenging. I guess flying on Christmas Eve and bad weather will do that. After a 6+ hour delay, we finally got in to Ft Lauderdale a little after 2:00 a.m. That is really late for me. I am just not a night person. Neither is Carolynn. Christopher on the other hand seems to be able to stay up all night long.

Here are some photos from today. Check out my redneck bike rack. Drivers down here in Florida are crazy and I just did not want to take any chances.

Speaking of drivers. I sure do not miss riding down here. Even with light holiday traffic, it is just crazy. Some guy nearly attacked me because I actually made him slow down and wait to go into the turn lane. When we got to the light he started to scream at me and get out of his SUV. Luckily, the light changed and I told him "Merry Christmas to you to" and proceeded to ride. I am just glad he did not chase me down. I hate when drivers yell at me and beep their horns. I usually just ignore them and all ends well. I don't want to give cyclist a bad name....




1 comment:

Josh said...

Chris, nice picture,but I think you missed the shark...