Saturday, December 20, 2008

First Winter Ride

I finally got to hit the trails for my first winter ride in the snow. I planned to meet a couple of my teammates at Landahl for a couple of hours of fun, but I was the only one to show up.....

Today was also my first ride on my new Mary SS. She sure does look perty and smooth, but she rides like an old broken down mule. Even with the soft snow I was getting beat up. Maybe it was just me or I had too much tire pressure. I will give her another go tomorrow morning. Got in 2 1/2 hours before my toes started to go numb.

29er??? Not so sure about this either. I guess I need to get used to it. All I know is that my Giant Anthem sure seems to ride a lot smoother than these big old things...

Maxxis Ardent Tires. One word - SWEET. They hooked up very well in the snow. I can't wait to try them in some other types of terrain.



3 comments:

Joshua Stamper said...

Seriously anything over 30psi is too much on a rigid bike. Drop that air pressure......make those new wheels earn their keep.

Mark Studnicki said...

I have to run 25psi to make my 29'er hardtail even ridable. As far as Shawnee Mission Park goes, no way in hell will my 29er hardtail every do a lap time close to what I could do on my Gary Fisher 26" FS.

Matt said...

I like the new bike! First time I've seen anyone with the Crank Brothers Crank though - looks sweet.