Thursday, May 1, 2008

What Do I Go From Here?

Where do I go from here?

I decided earlier this year to focus on longer distance events, but my results have been very poor. Most likely because of a heavy work load and over training. I still can not get it into my head that I am not 20 year old anymore. This old body takes a lot longer to recover from races/workouts.

After taking several days off after the Cohutta I was starting to feel a lot better and was actually looking for to the opening round of the Heartland series. Got up Sunday morning and luckily got online to check my email and weather. Luckily I went on the race site and found out that they had cancelled it.

New training plan? My friend Mark Studnicki gave me some sound training advice. I am going to follow it and hope to get back to my old self.

This weekend is the CGSC MWR Fort Leavenworth Triathlon. I have done this event several times. It is a fun, low cost triathlon held on the Fort Leavenworth military base. Very well organized, especially since Roger will be there setting up the course. I am looking forward to wearing my new Cow Town triathlon clothing. Some sweet stuff.

Where do I go from here? I think I am going to just focus on getting ready for the Ironman Kansas . I have plenty of base miles and just need to focus on quality training with plenty of recovery. Work at the Stowers Institute has been very hard as of late. My current heavy workload is going to make training a little harder, but I am going to try and be disciplined and just keep focused on doing what I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are old, you just have to think young and remember you are only getting older seize the moment and go for it. You have it in you old man. Now shit or get off the pot!!

JL

Anonymous said...

Chris,
when was the last time you just went for a ride or just a run for no reason or goal? It soulds like you are not seeing what is at your feet because your eyes are fixed on a horizon. First free your mind and the rest will come.

Later,
Master Yoda

Anonymous said...

Chris... neither one of us is young anymore. However, like Master Yoda said... take some time and just ride, swim or run for fun once in awhile. It'll do you mind and body some good. Also, take time to rest in between. Sadly, we take longer to recover as we get older. The only good thing is that we've also got a million training miles under us...

Stay well man and enjoy life to it's fullest! :-)