Thursday, May 8, 2008

DBA Fundraiser for Amelia Lamb

My good friends Vicki and Tige Lamb are trying to raise money for the Diamond Blackfan Anemia Foundation (Their daughter Amelia has this rare blood disorder).



From Vicki:

...this year I am going to use the Hospital Hill Half-Marathon as my way to do a quick fund-raiser for the DBA Foundation. I’ve put together a quick little video on the link below which helps explain our cause. Please take a few minutes to watch it.

Currently the DBAF is not set up to accept donations on-line so we are asking that you send us your check and we will mail them all at once to the foundation. The check can be made out to the Diamond Blackfan Anemia Foundation and mailed to our address:

7769 Rosehill Road
Lenexa, KS 66216

The DBAF will mail you a receipt of your donation for tax purposes. Thanks in advance for your support. It will make race day that much more inspirational. I can’t think of a better way to honor Amelia (just five days before her 4th birthday) than to run my 13.2 miles and know that I just helped raised money for a foundation committed to improving my daughter’s quality life and ultimately curing her of this disease!

No comments: