Thursday, December 13, 2007

CX Nationals - Men's B 40+


Course was a mess. Mud, frozen ruts and slick corners were all the course was. Very little time for recovery. HR was was in the 180's to 190's the entire race. I started about mid-pack with will over 100 riders signed up. I did great the first lap and worked my way up to a top 20 position passing dozens of riders in the first half lap. Things were looking good until I crashed while crossing this muddy ditch. It took me a lap to regain my form and by then I had gotten passed by about 1/2 the field . Really bad 2nd lap for me. I started to bring riders back on the 3rd and 4th laps and felt good at the end. On the 4th lap I had slid out on the off-camber section and lost a top 40 placing. Ending up 46th on the day out of 118 starters. Not as good as I had wished for, but it is about what I expected with my current fitness level and the health issues I have had to over come. Patrick Morrissey of N.M. won todays event. Here is a video of the first lap of the Men's B 40+ where I get caught by the helmet cam dude.

Tomorrow is Christopher's turn. The course will most likely be icy for him. It will be interesting for sure.

No comments: