Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Objectives

I have been working on my objectives for 2010. I have always enjoyed the beginning of a year. A time to look back and see where you went and get motivated for a new journey. Goal setting is a big part of this. Make them too hard and you end up disappointed if they are not achieved. Too easy (or for that matter having no goals at all) and you end up just walking through life instead of living life to the fullest. Well at least that is how I look at it. Remember on thing about goals, keep them SMART.

Three events are on my promotion list. The 8th Annual God's Country Off-Road Duathlon will be held on April 11, 2010. The Bone Bender 3/6 Hour MTB Odyssey returns on April 18, 2010. The last event is really a series. Expect some big things for this years De Stad Cyclocross Van Kansas Series.

Athletically, I am going to focus on longer distance cycling events, off-road duathlons/triathlons, sprint distance triathlons and a few criteriums this year. I am signed up for the Ironman Coeur d'Alene but I think it is best to just accept that fact that my body does not like the running miles that is required for an Ironman distance event. I have no problems with swimming and cycling the distance, but long distance running is not in the Locke gene pool. We will see how my winter training goes. I have been known to change my mind...

2010 Race Calendar (not including some local events for training):

Gravel Grinders

1/10 - Buffalo Trail Run
1/10 - GP Cross
1/16 - Holiday Cross
1/23 - Mission Indoor Triathlon
2/01 - Psychodelic Trail Run
2/27 - Spa City 6 Hour MTB Race
2/28 - Du it In the Dirt Off-Road Duathlon
3/06 - The Great Milk Race
3/20 - Ozark High Road TT
3/21 - Dogwood Road Race
3/28 - Ouachita Challenge
4/11 - God's Country Off-Road Duathlon
4/18 - Bone Bender 3/6 Hour MTB Odyssey
4/25 - Tour de Tick
5/01 - Syllamos Revenge
5/16 - Xterra Red River
5/23 - Kansas City Triathlon
6/12 - Missouri State MTB Championships
6/19 - Topeka Tinman Triathlon
7/10 - Milford Lake Off-road Triathlon
7/15 - NORBA National MTB Championships
8/01 - Xterra Sugar Bottom
8/08 - Xterra Ironwill
8/14 - Xterra BOLT
9/04 - Tall Oak 3/6 Hour
9/18 - Hermann Cross Under the Lights
9/18 - KC Cup
9/26 to 11/14 - De Stad Cyclocross Van Kansas Series
10/2 - Nebraska Cross
10/17 - Sunflower Cross
10/18 - B Cup Cross
11/21 - Nebraska Cross
12/5 - Missouri State Cyclocross Championships

No comments: