Thursday, August 30, 2012

Playing in the Sand - Those were the Days!

This video brings back from great memories.   Riding sand was my specialty.  I was very good at it and I just loved heading to the sand tracks.  Favorite track was Cocoa Beach.  I can remember the day that I moved up to the A/Pro class and raced against the likes of John Reinholt, Kenny Keylon, Kevin Foley, Brian McElroy, Jeff Fritz, John Mcabee,  Pat Post, Alan Andrew, Donnie Delgado and many others.  In hind site I should have not moved up so fast.  I should have stayed an amateur and try to win some National Championships.  But all I wanted was to be a Professional Motocross racers.  We had no mentor to tell us the correct way to do things. We were just a bunch of kids with big dreams.  Big crashes and even bigger injuries stopped those dreams cold - turning them into a nightmare....

We had dozens of practice tracks all over South Florida.  Some of them were just plan crazy with how close we came to trees and such.  Every time it would rain we would load up the bikes and head out to the tracks.  They were so  much fun to ride after a good rain.      

Those were the days......


No comments: