Saturday, January 22, 2011

Yea It is Winter Time.

As a native Floridian I must tell you that for the most part winter sucks. We almost did not make the move to South Florida when I was a little kid. My dad and mom almost moved us to Michigan, but after one too many trip on the truck with holes on the floor board my Dad say F*** this and moved to the warmest place he could find - good ole sunny South Florida. On a couple of rides lately I have gotten this same feeling. Funny how the mind works when you are freezing and body aches from the cold.

Carolynn and I both tired of the cold already and looking forward to our little trip back home to Florida next month. There are some good things about snow (see below), but for the most part it sucks. Hikes like this keep me sane this time of year.




One really good thing about winter and the snow is we get some cool rides in. For some reason I really like riding in the snow. Once you get the proper equipment it can be very fun and makes the winter time go very quickly. One new item I have been wanting to get for the past several years is a set of snow tires. I finally got a two sets of Kenda Klondike tires - one for the mountain bike and one for my cross bike. Plan to break in the cross bike one tomorrow morning during the Smithville Gravel Grinder. Looks to be great conditions for them. Just check out those studs.
Speaking of equipment, I got a few new toys. One is a nice new Anthem X. She finally arrived at the Wheel Cyclery earlier this week and I can not wait to try her out. Below are some pics. Very sexy rig. This beauty is equipped with XT groupo (do you really need anything else?), Hugi wheels, Fizik saddle and Fox shock/fork. I opted for the 3 x10 set-up. You do not really need a small chain ring around here, but I am planning on some trips to the mountains and that 22 is much appreciated climbing those darn hills. With the 36 our back I will be able to climb just about anything. I will report back as soon soon with a complete report.


No comments: