Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Day MTB Ride

The annual New Years Day Mountain Bike ride out at the Lawrence River Trails was well attended today with over 40 riders. The trails were in great shape and super fun. I really like the new re-routes in the back. Hats off to the LMBC trail crew for building and maintaining these fine trails.

The best news of this year is that Carolynn is back on the bike. She had no problems riding. Well, I should rephrase that. She had no back problems. The 20 degree temps did cause her some pain.

Some photos from the days ride.


New Years Day MTB

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Dude, I'm from Topeka and I mountain bike somewhat off'n to Lawrence in the summer with a Cannondale Terra. My question is: where-O-where is the Trans America Trail leading to Ottawa? Never knew of it before and I reeelly wanna try it out. Would you be willing to go to Herrington with me? I'd think we'd need to travel at least 30 miles per day over 20 days. You up for it? I am! It'll be a blastNhalf... if we can find the Trans America Trail. tok2me on any one of my nine blogs.