Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Festivus of Nights.

Tonight was the annual Festivus of Nights Gravel Grinder. Rich Anderson hosted our ride on the Little Blue Trace trail which is just about perfect for night rides, especially when you have a group and need to stay together.

We ended up doing all 29 miles of the trails (out-back). The new section that leads to Lee's Summit Road is not completely open yet, but we still some how managed to make it to the end without hurting ourselves.

A very fun night of riding and perfect to burn some of those holiday calories off. Looks like there are several fun rides coming up over the holiday break. I plan to be riding everyday and am looking forward the snow that is in the forecast.

Pictures from tonight's ride

Festivus of Nights Gravel Grinder

2 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Tok2me, dude. So if I went to Lawrence (I live in Topeka), I could actually find the Trans American Trail to Ottawa, to Vassar, all the way to Herrington? This is incredible. Wanna kick myself for not seeing this earlier. Couldya tell me where the TAT is in Lawrence? God bless you.

CurbDestroyer Chronicles said...

It was a good time. Fast and flat. Hopefully I can get out to a few more of these night rides.