Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Christopher

Happy Birthday Son. 14 years sure does go by fast. I still remember being at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado back in 1995. I was there for a cycling clinic and during one of the presentations in front of about 200 people in walks a member of the USOC. They interrupt the presentation and call out my name telling me that there has been an emergency back home in Florida.....Carolynn had come down with the HELLP syndrome and I nearly lost you both. You were born 9 weeks early and only weighed about 3 pounds. The doctors and nurses at the Melbourne hospital were great and kept you going. It was close a couple of times, but you had a strong heart and set of lungs.
Sorry I was not there for your birth. It figures I was at some darn cycling function, but you were 9 weeks early so I have a good excuse. Soon we were able to start feeding you. We missed all those midnight feeding during the first month because you were in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, but let you till you this you made up for it when you we were finally able to take you home.

2 comments:

Breeves2000 said...

wow. 14 years already huh? Happy Birthday Christopher!

Rich Anderson said...

This is the "Good Stuff"