Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mud Memories


Watching last night's Daytona Supercross brought back some very fond memories. The first motocross race I ever won was in very similar, if not worse, conditions down in Homestead, Florida. If you ever talk to my brother Joey he has a very interesting story to tell you about an event that happened one early Sunday morning at this track. I am going to see if I can find some of those pictures from 83'. Congrats to my main man Kevin Windham for winning the Daytona Supercross.

I was looking for some muddy pictures and found the above. Last year's Lunatic Fringe Duathlon was held in some very muddy conditions. I remember Shad kicking everyone's butt by winning the overall title, I wasn't too far behind him on my single speed posting the second fastest mountain bike time. Gerard had a great showing which helped he and his partner win the relay division.


One of my favorite pictures is Damian and I after the 2004 Lunatic Fringe MTB Race. Hopefully tomorrow's Ride with the Devil is not a muddy mess. We wish Andy Schuette the best of luck in promoting the first event of the 2008 Fat Tire Series.

No comments: