Saturday, February 23, 2008

Training is Over - Time to Race.

Time sure does fly when you are having fun.... That is, if you call suffering like a fat pig fun. The first phase of my training plan is over. It's time to hit some early season races and test the old form. Unfortunately, I already know the results as my training has not gone as well as I had hoped for. I'm still 10 lbs overweight and my form basically sucks. My long distance rides haven't been anywhere close to where they need to be for a 100 mile race. I tried my best to get out when the weather was o.k., and I even got to know my basement really well by spending countless hours on the old trainer.

My original plan was to attend the Froze Toes Road Race with some of my teammates (sorry Shad), but decided to put in one more week of training and not embarrass myself. Next week the Spring Fling Criterium series starts, the Perry Road Races and Heartland's Truman's Big Love. I really don't think the Big Love is going to happen due to the muddy conditions at Landahl so I'll plan to check out the Spring Flings or Roger's Perry Road Races.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries Chris...I ended up bailing too when their website said "the race is still on, we just bladed the course and the sun will melt the rest." screw that

Randy said...

I am glad to see that Shad didn't race, just because I felt bad because I didn't end up going after I told everyone I would. I am all about racing this weekend, if weather holds out I will probably be at both races. I need four more races to get my Cat 4.

Mark Studnicki said...

Screw riding the trailer. My nut sack requires a bit more out-of-the-saddle pedaling. Last time I tried that on my Kreitler's, I launched into the wall and took the coffee table with me. I would actually be thankful if the Heartland race gets postponed. A crit and road race would do me some good. I can suffer like never before, get dropped, and not really have to ask myself why.

Anonymous said...

Come on who you kidding you are as strong as an ox, here in Florida our season started the begining of this month getting up to speed now with the race legs.