Saturday, January 27, 2007

Rewards for a Hard Years Work

This weekend Carolynn and I headed down to the Lake of the Ozarks for the annual Fat Tire Mountain Bike Awards Banquet. Time to relax, hang out with some good friends and for some accept rewards for a hard years work of racing.

Never have figured out why the Fat Tire series has it's awards in late January down on a frozen lake.

We drove up from KC with our good friend John Schlesselman. John has been racing the Fat Tire MTB series for several years and was finally rewarded with a series championship - Sport Men 30-39. As we drove, we discussed the 07' season and what events we were going to be able to attend. This is one of my favorite parts of my year. Making goals and planning my season. Still undecided if I'm going to focus on Xterra events (something I have been wanting to do for 4 years) and get back to my multi-sport roots, or stay focused on cycling only. Don't even get me started with my adventure racing asperations....

Back to the awards banquet....

Some good times down at the lake. Congradulations to all the Series winners.

Check out the picture on the right for a complete list of award winners. For detail results visit Midwest Fat Tire Series

No comments: