Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thank God I Got Screwed!



The weather here in Kansas City has been crappy as of late. Freezing rain does not make for good riding (mountain or road). So I decided to head out for a trail run. Not a good idea either - I busted my arse big time. What I need are some snow shoes. But being the tight ass that I am, I didn't want to spend any money so I search the www for an answer. A couple clicks later I found Screw Shoe

This seemed like a simple idea and it was. A quick stop by the Home Depot and $3.00 later I had some #6 - 3/8 inch sheet metal screws in hand. It took about about 5 minutes to install. I had about 20 minutes of daylight left so I went for a quick test run.

Man I am glad I got screwed! Traction all over the place. I could not believe the difference 16 little sheet metal screws could make. I wonder if I could use these on my mountain bike tires? We plan to ride Smithville lake tomorrow night. I guess it is off to Home Depot again for another box of screws.....

1 comment:

Breeves2000 said...

You didn't really have to search the web to find the screw shoes. All ya had to do was ask a Trail Nerd! ;-)