Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Racing Season is Finally Here

This winter has flown by. I can not believe that it is already time for local races to begin. Saturday is Jim's Spring Flings and next week is Roger's Perry Road Races begin. And the local mountain bike and multi-sport season begin shortly after. It is going to be a busy year for sure.

I think I will skip the road stuff this weekend especially since I still do not have my road bike put back together. Anyways, I had been planning on heading down to the Spa City 6 Hour MtB race in Hot Springs, AR, but my work schedule is not cooperating. I do not feel like driving 7 hours through the night on Friday so it looks like the CIRREM is getting the lucky ticket. John and a few others are heading up and a 60 mile gravel road races seems like a lot more fun than chasing riders around a crit course on my old DEAN. Beside, I have about 600 miles of gravel training that I need to put to good use.

Some other races not far off......I still remember when Gerard and I put on the first God's Country event out at Clinton Lake. It was a mud fest but one of the funnest races ever. Seems like 1st year events for me get a lot of mud then there is smooth sailing with perfect weather. The BB36 started things off a little dirty last year, but this year will be perfect. Just watch....

8th Annual God's Country Off-road Duathlon
April 11, 2010 April 18, 2010
Lawrence River Trails
Lawrence Kansas











Bone Bender 3/6 Hour MTB Odyssey
April 18, 2010
Smithville Lake MTB Trails
Paradise, Missouri

No comments: