Friday, March 13, 2009

Back To Training

With Bone Bender 3/6 being pushed to the April 18th weekend, I can now focus on my next two big events - The Black Locust and the Ouachita Challenge. I plan on a couple of solid weeks of training. It actually feels good to have a weekend with nothing to do but ride, run and swim. Sunday Carolynn and I have a nice easy training ride planned. If you are interested in an nice ride out to Platte City meet us at the QT on Barry Road and Platte Purchase. Ride departs at 12:00 Noon.

I finally recovered from all the hard work and effort of the Devil's Revenge and have put in a couple good running workouts. I feel good about the March 28th event. Heck, I am ready now. On the other hand, I am not really ready for OC, but will go and hope I have some good legs. Last year I had an off day and did not feel good from the get go. I think I was way over trained last year and did not allow my body to rest enough. This year I am riding my Mary SS and plan to just have fun the entire 60 miles. Just me, some sweet trails and one gear..

If anyone is trying to get to the Fat Tire Duathlon site, it is down. We currently lost the entire site and are trying to restore from backups. Lets hope we get her back up soon. In the mean time I created a quick blog and Neale redirected the main site to http://fattireduathlon.blogspot.com/

No comments: