Friday, November 30, 2007

Evel Dies


I can not believe what I am reading. Evel Knievel dies at 69!

Evel was one of my childhood hero's. We used to try and beat his jump records when I first started riding motorcycles. We would build some ramps and try to jump over cars and tractors. I remember on one jump I looked over while in the air and I was as high as the power lines. I was even planning on jumping a couple of my fathers semi-truck trailers. If they would have stayed in the yard long enough I would have :-) I guess I am lucky I didn't end up dead.

Wikipedia has good write-up of Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel, Jr. Some of the stuff he did early on in life is interested. I love when he used to take customers to the Yellowstone National Park to hunt. Evel was one crazy man. I guess that is why I used to idolize him. His official website www.evel....

Check out the photo of Evel with his bicycle. I bet you didn't know he also road bicycles.

No comments: