Friday, June 15, 2007

Wild on the Katy


Our summer adventure begins this weekend. My 11 year old son Christopher, my wife Carolynn and I are signed up for the Wild on the Katy.

The ride begins in Clinton, MO and ends in St. Charles, MO - 247 miles away. It is going to be a challenge for Christopher. His longest ride so far this year has only been 30 miles. The longest one day stage on the ride is 66 miles. We have until 5pm every day to complete each section. We figure that as long as we stay hydrated and eat well, we should be o.k. We are bringing our Burley tandem which has been equipped with a seatpost rack and handle. We did some test rides yesterday with me pulling Christopher along via this cool handle I made.

Carolynn has been working hard getting us all ready for our ride. We are limited to two bags each, which have to include everything you will need including camping gear. Of course we can't rough it like most campers. We have to have queen size air beds and mini fans to stay cool. It has been quite the challenge to fit all this this into 2 duffle bags. As I was packing everything up yesterday, I came across a jar of Butt Paste. I hope I don't end up needing this stuff.....

No comments: