Saturday, May 5, 2007

Bicycle Safety Presentation

Since May is National Bike Month, I decided to organize a few bicycle safety presentations at area schools. Actually this first presentation was organized by Carolynn Locke and Lori Riddle, Christopher's 5th grade teacher. Dave Wathen, VP of Cow Town Cycling, and I were suppost to present these Bicycle Safety Clinics using the presentation Dave has used over the last year. At the last minute Dave could not come so I had to put something together on Monday evening and give the presentations by myself Tuesday morning. Linden West Elementary was the location of my first presentation.

You would think that someone with over 250,000 miles of saddle time could put together an informative presentation about bicycle safety and present it to a bunch of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. You would be wrong...

Actually it was not that bad. I gave 3 presentations and each one got a little easier, but the questions the kids had did not.

Sample questions from the kids of Linden West:

1. Why is your shirt so tight?
2. Why are your legs so big?
3. Why is Slime green?
4. What are those funny looking pedals?
5. Why don't you just ride to work like my mom?

No comments: