Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cross Along the River.

This weekend I visited my old cyclocross stomping grounds down in Parkville along the Missouri River. I can still remember back in 2001 promoting my first cx race at English Landing Park. We had some good races back then at the Crosslogic Cyclocross Challenge. I learned a lot and somehow did not learn the lesson to quit while you are ahead. Nine years later and still at it...

This weekends races did not go so well for me. Just inside the top 10 both days in the Men's Cat 3 class. Legs still have not recovered from the Redman two weeks ago. I know I should have taken a couple of weeks of rest to recover, but cross season is here in full swing now so not much to do but ease myself back in. I did learn one thing this weekend, I need to hit the intervals big time. All my training over the summer was geared toward an Ironman distance event. These short hard efforts that are required for cross are just not in my body yet. Watch out for me come December. I will be flying :-)

Congratulations to Mark Cole for taking the win on Sunday, Michael Tarne had a good day also getting 2nd in the Juniors. Dave had a good weekend; looked good Saturday especially getting 11th even after some mishaps.

I thought I would share some old photos (from Lyle Renolds) from back them. Some good time for sure.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of you covered in mud. You know people pay good money to have a mud bath...apparently it is very good for the skin :)

HellBilly said...

I love that pic. too., Awsome....................