Monday, November 3, 2014

Time for some Gravel Grinding

I have raced 5 cyclocross races so far this year.  I started off the season a little behind on form but expected to slowly progress.  Well that has not been the case.  Saturday's Colavita Cup brought the same disappointing result - mid pack.  Even on a flat course the best I could do was 10th in the Masters 40+ class. 

I looked at myself in the mirror really hard over the weekend and came to the realization that it is time to call it quits. I saw no fight in my eyes.  There is no use paying $30.00 (or $60.00 if Christopher races) to riding around courses when I am not having fun nor getting the results I had hoped for.  It appears it is time to begin the Gravel Grinding Season

Roger's Veterans Cross is this Sunday.  That will be my last "planned" cross race of the season.  I might attend some other events if some true cross weather shows up or the course is fun.  I do like playing in the mud and on frozen turf.  That is something I would gladly pay for.

This Friday is the Full Moon Monty Gravel Grinder.   Weather is looking awesome for this year's event.

No comments: