Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Key Lime Pie - Redneck Version

After visiting my parents in South Florida for the week, my Mother asked me what I wanted for my final meal.  I said fried chicken, dumplings, okra, black eye peas and key lime pie for dessert.  I enjoyed a delicious dinner but got a redneck version of key lime pie.

3 basic ingredients: Key Lime yogurt (any brand will do) graham crackers and Reddi Whip. 
Step 1:  Crumble your favorite brand of graham crackers in a bowl.  Be careful not to crumble up too much.  Larger pieces will work better.

Step 2: Add your favorite brand of key lime yogurt. Gently spread the yogurt being sure to cover the graham crackers completely.

You should have the bottom layer of graham crackers with a second layer of key lime yogurt.
Step 3: Add a layer of Reddi Whip.  You can also use Cool Whip if you so desire. 

Your personal Redneck Key Lime Pie is now complete and ready.  The above recipe makes one serving.

Step 4: Enjoy your hard work.  This dessert is very tasty. 


No comments: