Friday, September 17, 2010

Ready for Cross?

Cross season fires up full swing this weekend. Locally we have the KC Cup CX. I missed this event last year because I was participating in the REDMAN Triathlon. I am not ready physically for racing cross, but I will be there get my ass handed to me. The motivation to push myself after working long hours is just not there. I am trying to implement Stud's training program and hopefully I can get some good rest and maybe find some form later in the season.

Regionally the ever popular Hermann Cross weekend is taking place. The fields look stacked according to the pre-reg roster. The cyclocross community over in St. Louis has really grown over the past two years due in a great part to Jeff's hard work. Look for record turnouts over there this year.

Late last night I was preparing my old Jake the Snake CX bike for Saturday's event. I looked into buying a new rig, but decided that she could make it another season, especially since I most likely will be racing an abbreviated season anyway. I am trying something new this year - tubeless. I finally was able to get a set of tire all set-up tubeless via Stans NoTubes. I need to do some more testing before I race em, but things look promising.

Next week there are two events on the calendar. The Achluophobia Gravel Grinder on Saturday night and then the hilly Manions Cross event on Sunday. Bring your climbing legs for this one.

No comments: