Friday, September 11, 2009

Sweet new Toys.

This week was like Christmas around the Locke household. Got in several shipments from my sponsors.

Ritchey order came in with my sweet new WCS Protocol wheels. The Swiss made hubs feel really smooth. Also got in some new cross tires. I will be using Ritchey tires exclusively this year. I just love their ExcaVader. I used them last year and they treated me well. I am going to set them up with a tubeless solution. The De Stad Cyclocross Van Kansas Series presented by Paceline Products is just around the corner so I have some work cut out for me to get all my gear ready. Speaking of the De Stad Series. 53 x 11 coffee has joined us and a couple of cases of The Big Ring, The Chain Breaker and my favorite Early Break arrived today. Carolynn is going to be in heaven when she gets home and takes in all that fresh bean aroma.

Also got some surprises from my new sponsors. Manitou sent a new Minute 29er fork and Sun Ringle' sent in a very sweet set of Disc O Flea wheels. I don't know which hubs are smoother. My WCS or the Sun Ringle'. Really impressed with both of them.

29er in my corral again? Yea I am going to give her one more try. Anyone have suggestions for a 29er frame? Still don't know if I am going rigid or full-suspension. Might give the new Giant a try. We will see when it is available in a frame only.

Pictures from my early Christmas:

1 comment:

Breeves2000 said...

I hate you. Just when I start to feel content with my measley setup you have to go and do that. Thanks for the gadget envy! For the 29er, I'd highly recommend doing the front suspension instead of the fully rigid. Let me know what you think of the new ritchey tires. Been thinkin about making the switch, but haven't heard much about them. My old Maxxis and Kendas are wearing down.