Monday, July 16, 2007

Lunatic Fringe MTB Race


The Lunatic Fringe Mountain Bike race was held this past weekend at the beautiful Smithville Lake. I was needing a good race to get me out of this rut I have been in lately and that is what I got. After a crazy start in which I ended up getting stuffed by some Sunflower guy then having to stop and fix my rear wheel, I slowly bridged up to the front runners. On the final lap I actually put in a faster lap despite the heat and was able to work my way up to 2nd place. Thank you CarbBOOM!

Christopher had a another good day in the saddle. He won his 9th race in a row and locked up the Junior 12 and under title for 07'. Quote of the day by Christopher as he was talking to a competitor in his class "Since I am not going to be at the final 3 rounds, you have a really good chance of winning them"

Carolynn also had a good day. She ended up getting 2nd in the Beginner Female class after a race long battle. She was very excited at the end because she actually was passing other riders very easily. It may have been this was her home track and knew the trails, but she rode well and deserves to be leading the series. Hopefully she can hold on and take the title.

No comments: