Monday, August 21, 2017

Total Solar Eclipse of 2017

I have not been keeping up with current news lately.   Carolynn tells me this morning that we are heading up to Smithville, MO to watch this big event - The 2017  Total Solar Eclipse.  We even have glasses.   Luckily we did not have to drive far because it turned out be a sort of a bust to begin with.


Carolynn tries to see the eclipse as it starts. Lots of clouds in the sky but you can still see it at times.

As the moon started to pass in front of the Sun I actually started to get into it.  At first I was not, but then some breaks in the clouds came and it started to get darker.


Here we are sporting our $2.00 glasses.  Hopefully these things will protect our eyes.   

The views out on the lake during the eclipse were nice.

I am ashamed to admit it but it was actually a very cool experience. I am glad Carolynn made me go.


No comments: