Saturday, April 18, 2015

What a Pain in my Knee


This past month I finally broke down and decided to find out what is going on with my knee. I have not mentioned it very much but I have been hindered by knee pain over the last year.  I can cycle o.k. and really do no feel pain much while riding especially if I tape them.  After some workouts like running my knee will start to burn and pain sets in.  Usually after some some ice and compression I will be fine again in a day or so.  During a very busy period of work which included a lot  kneeling the pain really started to effect my ability to work.  I can deal with taking days off from exercising t but not working.


I got into see Dr. Browne with KCOI a couple of weeks ago and the x-ray's did not show much other than and old broken fibula and some signs of arthritis .  The doctor asked me why I did not put down the broken bone in my patient history.  I told him I ran out of space.....  After nearly an hour of waiting and examinations it was decided I need an MRI.
After a week I made the trip down to Leawood, KS again to review my MRI result.  Dr. Browne was happy to announce that he found out the cause of my pain. Turns out I have a cyst in my knee.  It does not look like much but damn that thing hurts especially when I bend my knee back all the way or kneel down.  I also have a torn meniscus

I plan to have the cyst removed next week.  The doctor also said he will clean up the tears of my meniscus.  Hopefully they will not find much else wrong.  Looking forward to having no more pain in my knee. 




No comments: